How to file an ADR Case
Alternative Dispute Resolution cases, such as mediations, conciliations, assisted negotiations and expert evaluations, are submitted to MCN by agreement of the parties or even if it is not mentioned in the contrat agreement, any one party can submit a request to call upon the other party to participate in a resolution process.
For administering the case, the request should include the following information and supporting documents:
- a description of the nature of the dispute;
- any applicable dispute resolution clause if any;
- correspondence between the parties prior to MCN’s involvement, if the parties wish such correspondence to be part of the official record;
- details of any cases which are under litigation, pending in courts related to the dispute;
- contact details for all parties to the dispute (i.e., mailing address, e-mail, telephone, fax);
- The name and nationality of any neutral(s) already appointed, information on the method of appointment, and any declaration made by the designees;
- language of the proceeding; and
- signatures of both parties or their duly authorized representatives. A request signed by one or more representatives must enclose proof of the authorization to act, for example, a power of attorney.